1. We have been talking about how David was being trained to reign as king through life's circumstances. What is God trying to teach you through your current circumstances?
2. Salvation is a very big deal! We probably don't truly understand all that this means! Here are a few of the major things:
Take time to discuss with your Life Group these four items and any other blessing you received when you got saved.
3. David's big test came when he actually started to reign. He chose to reign from a throne of GRACE. Discuss what other kinds of leadership models David could have used to rule the nation. David did not fall for the temptations to be self-centered or have a sense of entitlement. Discuss ways to stay humble when you are in a position of leadership.
4. Discuss what GCF Katy's definition of Grace means to you. "God's abiity working in us, making us able to do what we cannot do in our own ability."
5. Share what you believe Mephibosheth's thoughts were when he first got the message that David wanted to meet with him and then what his thoughts were when he learned all David was going to do for him. Share ways that you stay humble when you are blessed tremendously and how you avoid falling for the temptation to be self-centered or have a sense of entitlement.
Salvation offers us
-A new life, new nature
-Part of the Church
-Free from past sins
God’s ability working in us, making us able to do what we cannot do in our own ability.
2 Samuel 9:1-3
David asked, “Is there anyone still left of the house of Saul to whom I can show kindness for Jonathan’s sake?” 2 Now there was a servant of Saul’s household named Ziba. They summoned him to appear before David, and the king said to him, “Are you Ziba?” “At your service,” he replied. 3 The king asked, “Is there no one still alive from the house of Saul to whom I can show God’s kindness?” Ziba answered the king, “There is still a son of Jonathan; he is lame in both feet.”
How amazing! God touched David’s heart to look for someone to bless! Show true grace!
He stayed God-centered!
We as King’s Kids have this same kind of heart as well. We love to help others.
2 Samuel 9:6
When Mephibosheth son of Jonathan, the son of Saul, came to David, he bowed down to pay him honor.
David said, “Mephibosheth!”
“At your service,” he replied.
David summons Mephibosheth
David was thrilled to meet Jonathon’s son
Mephibosheth may not have known what to expect
Mephibosheth had no sense of entitlement!
2 Samuel 9:7
“Don’t be afraid,” David said to him, “for I will surely show you kindness for the sake of your father Jonathan. I will restore to you all the land that belonged to your grandfather Saul, and you will always eat at my table.” 8 Mephibosheth bowed down and said, “What is your servant, that you should notice a dead dog like me?”
Mephibosheth was afraid!
Wow what GRACE!
Mephibosheth went from having and being nothing to being special.
Could you ever be so kind (grace)?
King’s Kids must (HS inside) demonstrate grace!
Reigning from a Throne of Grace
2 Samuel 9:11
Then Ziba said to the king, “Your servant will do whatever my lord the king commands his servant to do.” So Mephibosheth ate at David’s table like one of the king’s sons. 12 Mephibosheth had a young son named Mika, and all the members of Ziba’s household were servants of Mephibosheth. 13 And Mephibosheth lived in Jerusalem, because he always ate at the king’s table; he was lame in both feet.
Mephibosheth was given servants and was made sure he was taken care of from then on.
Move to Jerusalem, ate at the king’s table from then on.
SUNDAY MORNINGS 10:45 AM (Main Service)
We currently meet at Exley Elementary at 21800 Westheimer Parkway, Katy, TX 77450. See location and directions below.
WEDNESDAY NIGHTS 7:00 PM (Life Groups)